Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bike Man opposite colours






For my recent project revolving around colour, ive been experimenting with the "polar opposites" theory of Johannes Itten... basically ive been drawing pictures using only the opposite colours of the spectrum (e.g. green and red, orange and blue). I started off with mainly location drawing but these gems appeared after weeks of drawing simply what was in front of me at the time...
The green and red guy came first and the blue and orange came next after tracing the initial shape.

The project is meant to be in a "dream-like" style, and the idea behind these two guys is the "Dream Cycle" or "Cycle of Dreams".... Possible text coming soon to accompany the images. Below are the same images after a simple photoshop tidy-up. Right at the bottom is "trippin cheese", a spin off of windsor mccay's "dreams of a rarebit fiend" (basically just comic strips about the trippy dreams you have after eating cheese late at night). More updates soon........!

2 comments:

  1. Cool tings bro! Some promising work and good layout so far. Did you mess with any of the coding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I really like these! I like the orange and blue best, and strangely I like them without photoshop retouch, brill though, really nice!

    ReplyDelete